Friday, October 14, 2011

No necesito bendiciones por que siempre tengo buena suerte

I feel like the only relaxing moment I have during the day is when I'm taking a shower.

Wait, no. I also feel relaxed when I work at the East Bay Sanctuary Covenant, this place that helps immigrants petition for political asylum. I worked there last semester, and now that I have a good idea of how everything functions, when I go in I feel like I know what I'm doing. I'm always doing something, but I don't have to think about all the other shit I have to do and I feel good knowing that I'm helping people who need it. And I feel like I can take on whatever petty problems I have in my own life, because seriously, I have it pretty good.

But right now I have a linguistics midterm and a Spanish presentation tomorrow, plus a shit ton of Teach for America paperwork to fill out by tomorrow night, so I am having what is becoming a weekly Thursday night ritual of drinking coffee and freaking out and procrastinating into the wee hours of the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I hung out with some friends the other day and it was the first time in months that I felt truly relaxed, which was surprising.

    Your work at the Sanctuary Covenant sounds really interesting and eye-opening!

    ReplyDelete