Monday, May 24, 2010

False advertising


Bernadette and I were sick of Berkeley, so we took the train to Stanford and spent the weekend at Bernadette's sister's apartment. Bernadette and her sister, Francis, are so adorable together. They're banter warms my heart. (Yes. Shut up.)

Anyway, Stanford, unlike Berkeley, is not in a college town, but rather a bit isolated from the nearby city of Palo Alto, which is basically an insanely rich suburb. So Stanford is a bit boring. Beautiful, but boring. We went to the Stanford mall, at whose Victoria's Secret had Cal gear, which is weird. Bernadette and I bought the shirts pictured above, because they were on sale, even though it is a LIE. In fact, I'm pretty sure none of the people I've ever kissed are Cal fans.

Speaking of people I've kissed who are definitely not Cal fans, I hung out with that guy I made out with last time I was at Stanford. It was really awkward. He still has pictures of his ex-girlfriend in his room. Which is entirely his prerogative. After all, who am I to tell him how to get over his ex? But it doesn't mean I still want to hook up with him. Especially since I went to the bathroom to give him a chance to discreetly hide them should he want to, and he didn't. Also, I kinda look like her. Not that I spent much time observing the photos, but she has blonde hair and what looked like a long-ish nose, much like mine. So basically: awkward.



A salted caramel cupcake from one of those ridiculously over-priced, 'gourmet' cupcake bakeries. But I have to admit, it was delicious. I guess they charge $3.25 for a reason.


The pizza I made at Theta Chi with Ben! It was also delicious, and not expensive at all. What a refreshing change of pace.


Bernadette hiding behind her pillow. I find this so funny. She is so cute.

1 comment: