Sunday, December 20, 2009

Family matters

I have to move all my stuff up to Berkeley over Christmas weekend because my parents can't take any time off in January, so my dad's family had a Christmas shindig yesterday. My dad's family is very different from my mom's; her family is Jewish and are quasi-intellectuals, his is from Iowa and likes fishing, NASCAR, and country music. Of course, even as I wrote that, trying not to sound like an asshole, you can tell which of my parents had a bigger influence on my personality and worldview.

But my dad's family is really nice and it's fun to spend time with them, even if my uncle does roll his eyes a lot when I started talking about the theoretical possibility of time travel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way with my parents' families. Love my dad's, but my mom's drives me insane.

    ReplyDelete