Sunday, December 27, 2009

The not-9 to 5

I don't want to go to bed right now. I know I should, because I know I should get as much sleep as possible for work tomorrow, but going to bed only means 6:15 a.m. will be here faster and I will have to get up and go to that horrid bakery-café where I work.

I hate it.

I really shouldn't. It's probably not as bad as I think, because last week was the week before Christmas and thus INSANITY so (knock on wood), this week should be better. I hope. But that still doesn't change the fact that I am working ALL THIS WEEK, at either 7 or 6 a.m., even on January 1st. Which means I either a) don't go out for New Year's Eve or b) stay up until 7 a.m. and go to work sans sleep.

I just hate being on my feet for eight straight hours, with only one half hour break (I'm pretty sure that is illegal?). I hate that I never get out on time. And I hate that one of my managers is a dickhead. I hate that I can't stay out late with my friends when I'm supposed to be on vacation.

I really shouldn't be complaining, because obviously there are much worse jobs, but it does help when my winter break is being eaten up by a job I don't like for money I don't really need. But, I guess, money. I'll have that at least, right?

4 comments:

  1. Are the people who come there nice though?
    Sorry your vacation is wasted at work though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even remember most people. All the faces start to blend after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Arielle: Oh...that sounds somewhat dull...but have you had any ridiculous encounters? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond ridiculous encounters. Some people get really weird about us running out of croissants, for example.

    ReplyDelete