Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fell in love with a GSI

With the first actual seven days of school are wrapped up, I have been to all of my classes now. And I am sad to report that I don't have a single GSI* that I am in love with.

While some people (what kind of people? I don't know, I'm basically making this up) would avoid awkward and hopeless crushes at any cost (again, I'm making these people up; do they even exist?), I embrace them. I love falling in love with my GSIs.

But I am not in love with any of my GSIs for this semester.** My Spanish GSI is Columbian and very good-looking, but he is also shorter than me. This might seem silly for a crush, but hey, it's my awkward and hopeless crush, and I can bestow it for whatever physical characteristics I deem acceptable. My linguistics GSI is Spanish and I think I might like him more than his objective looks, but it remains to be seen if his accent can make up for that. And my other GSI is a woman.

So over all, poor showing this semester. Why does my roommate always get the hot British GSIs? I want one of those! Or maybe a really nerdy, tall guy with glasses, like my Classics GSI last spring. See, they don't have to be objectively gorgeous! Just taller than I am.



*GSI = graduate student instructor, a.k.a. Berkeley's fancy way of saying TA
**At least, not yet.

3 comments:

  1. Aww Arielle's got a crush :D How tall are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a crush! That's the problem!

    Although my Spanish GSI did come in this morning wearing glasses so I might have to overlook the being short thing...

    I'm 5'7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're taller than me...
    That's a funny problem to have lol do you normally 'fall in love' with your GSIs?

    ReplyDelete